Also known as competition kettlebells, these kettle bells are perfect for any kettlebell workout.
Originally designed for use in Kettlebell Sport (or GS, short for Girevoy Sport), they are now commonplace in gyms across the country.
Here’s why B.o.S. perfect pro grades are the best kettlebells you can buy:
- Window size: On bells from 10KG – 32kg and the 48kg the window is 60mm, creating an easier insertion and superior comfort in the overhead and in the rack position. The more comfortable you ae the more reps you will be able to pump out. Though a 60mm window is superior for those with kettlebell experience, the 4, 6 and 8KG bells have a 58mm window, which is optimal for those new to kettlebells.
- Handle: On bells from 10KG – 32kg and the 48kg have a 35mm diameter handle which is the international standard. The larger circumference will also reduce the risk of hand tears by creating a larger surface area to press on and for experienced athletes to relax their gip, whereas on a 33mm handle people have a tendency to squeeze too hard. On the starter bells 4, 6 and 8kg they have a 33mm handle to help beginners get adjusted to using the kettlebell before they progress to competition sizes.
- Awesome Quality: Perfect pro grades are gravity cast as one piece and have no welding, which creates an excellent surface finish and superior dimensional accuracy. They will last you a lifetime.
- Legal for Kettlebell Sport competitions: Meets Girevoy Sport Union (GSU), IKFF and International Union of Kettlebell Lifting (IUKL) standards.
- Hollow Core: Using a dual cast process, two moulds are used to create the kettlebell leaving it hollow in the middle. This make for an unbeatable balance as well as never having the dreaded “kettle rattle” you can get in bells that have scrap metal welded inside that can come loose after many drops.
- Ergonomic design: of this kettlebell has been optimized to allow the athlete (a Girevik) to perform the maximum amount of repetitions in a competition. The shape of the bell makes it more comfortable when performing kettlebell exercises like the kettlebell swing. The design of the competition kettlebell also helps to prevent injury.
- Uniform size: regardless of weight, so you don’t have to continuously adjust your lifting technique as you move up in weight.
- Colour coded: so you always know which kettlebell is which.
- Note: because of the hollow cast system, 4, 6 and 34-46kg have 33mm handles and are not hollow core.
Kettle bells are the Best Workout Tool for an All-in-One Workout
The main benefits of training with kettlebells is that they are:
- Excellent for full body workouts, exercises involving kettle bells focus on working the various muscle groups at the same time. While dumbbells are just commonly used for regular isolation exercises, such as curls and lateral raises.
- Are very time efficient, with kettlebell workouts typically lasting less than 30 minutes.
- Kettlebell workouts train your strength and conditioning at the same time.